Wednesday 16 October 2013

Choices, choices, choices

I want to add some further explanation behind my choices:
Before my list even sees the light of day, I'm already expecting to be accused of compiling my best 1000 Jazz-Funk & Soul tracks, as opposed to the best 1000.
Well, I may have missed a trick here or there, and I'm willing to be put right if I've made a glaring omission, but I'm quietly confident that my list will stand up to a rigourous level of scrutiny.
Having said all this, I must at this point admit to some of my biases; there are certain labels and artists that are pet loves of mine, and other ones that don't even get a look in, even if they have achieved significant levels popularity.

a) Motown shades it over Stax.

b) Loads of Stevie, Bill Withers, Curtis Mayfield, Al Green, Roy Ayers and Gil Scott-Heron.

c) The British Acid Jazz scene of the 1990's features heavily.

d) There is not one track from Tina Turner.

e) No covers - unless better than the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen Here - Show 1

Listen Here - Show 2

Listen Here - Show 3

Listen Here - Show 4

Listen Here - Show 5

Listen Here - Show 6

Listen Here - Show 7

Listen Here - Show 8

Listen Here - Show 9

Listen Here - Show 10